Re: [PyrNet-L] breeding question

--- Andy and Mary Hasper <ahasper@mmcable.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity..as you stated even champions can throw bad
> litters..why must she be a finished champion before she is bred, I know i'm
> probably sounding very illiterate on this subject, but i've had no interest
> in breeding Maya, we had her fixed 2 months after she came into our home..so
> i've not thoroughly researched the breeding aspect. If Jackie (my neighbor's
> dog) is pyr "quality" & is seen by other reputable breeders & they say she
> is within the breed standard then why must she be a finished champion? Why
> is it so important for the lady to get her in the ring?

I don't think you sound illiterate at all.  I realize you're trying to help this lady.  I just
hope I didn't come across sounding rude on my previous message.  I see what happens first hand in
Rescue from bad breeders.  You get tired of cleaning up an endless cycle of their messes.  It is
very frustrating, and it is always the dogs that suffer.  By showing the dog, you are having it
compared to many others.  I just feel that by finishing a dog, you then have some kind of "proof"
that yes, my dog meets the standard more than others. Whether a dog is breed quality is very much
a person's opinion.  Yes, you have the standard to compare it too, but there still is room for
interpretation on the dog's part. At least with a Championship, you have some sort of "evidence".
Still, of course, there are no guarentees.  This is just my opinion, of course.  I would just
rather see people err on the side of caution when it comes to breeding. Good luck!

Angela