Re: [PyrNet-L] breeding question

When you consider the amount of animals euthanized every year, and the
amount of rescue work in any breed, breeding must be  thought out more
carefully than just a case of " I want" !  Even if you have the money to
feed and keep in good health 8 puppies, could you honestly give them the
attention they will want and deserve.  All us multi-dog households know
that it takes a lot of time, and love.  If you breed a litter you must be
able to know that you can provide for all of them if something happens,
and that includes their emotional needs.  It is harder to take eight out
for socializing than two.  We all know how hard it is to leave any of the
dogs at home with their faces to the window, even if one has the dubious
distinction of only going to the Vet.  Everyone who has a Pyr. ( or any
other breed ) does not need to become a breeder.  Spay and neuter does
provide health benefits as well!  I.M.O.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka