[PyrNet-L] skin rash

Hi everyone - We're new to the list, and have really enjoyed reading the
recent spate of letters about shows.  We've never been to a dog show,
but watch Westminster on TV each year.  Our boy Max suffers from some
kind of creeping rash that moves around his belly and sometimes down his
legs a bit.  He chews and gets little scabbies, and his tum hair gets
snarled and matted from the chewing.  We've had him to two vets, but we
haven't been able to overcome this problem... any suggestions?  Present
treatment is 1 Tbl safflower oil in his supper each night, as well as
yeast/garlic tabs (he used to get hot spots, but since we started the
yeast/garlic he hasn't).

Another question - how does this breed do generally in the 'obedience'
department?  Max and I went to dog school for 15 months - it took me
that long to learn that he could - he just didn't want to!  One of us
was a quick learner, anyway.  Is it actually possible to have a pyr well
behaved enough to take to the hospital as a therapy dog?

Thanks for your advice!

Louise

--
Louis Salamone and Louise Schimmel