[PyrNet-L] Coats & S/N

As a breeder I now prefer to sell pups on a n/s contract and if someone
doesn't wish to s/n then they are more than welcome to go elsewhere. In
Rescue/Rehousing we s/n before the new home and again if someone doesn't
want that they may go elsewhere. Some of us learn our lessons the hard way
and I am only stating my own personal preference, not for what other people
wish to do. Do I want a bitch I have bred or a dog I have bred or imported
being used with stock I would not use or not hip xrayed for starters?  No I
don't therefore I am protecting my interests.  If others do the same thing
to prevent me using their stock because they don't like what I have then I
don't have a problem with that either.  A person starting off in the Breed
can start off with all the best intentions in the world, things go wrong and
it's all downhill from there and the Breed suffers in many ways.  Today I
may well take offense at an owner not wishing to s/n if I sold them a pet
quality puppy so I put that in writing now and it's upto them to agree.  The
same with the stud agreements, in writing, terms laid out, yes or no???

As for the coats with s/n.  My experience shows than some Pyrs can have the
coat from hell once n/s and others can have the usual type of coat. Not all
get the big, thick woolly coat nor do they all turn into blobbies once n/s.
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans