[PyrNet-L] Re: [Pyr-Net]:Coats/S&N

Charlie, my four each have a different coat, as they did as pups.  Kemo
and Rangers are the most similar, although hers is much heavier  and
longer than his ( they are siblings so this is all at the same age ), I
actually love her coat, although it is not "correct" so to speak.  They
both tend to be more wooly, but they also were as pups.  Polar Bear has
the more rabbit  dense shorter coat ( like we see in the ring down here )
in the mature version of her pup coat.  Silver had a longer, more guard
hair look, coarser ( she does have a lot of the down undercoat when it
comes to shedding, but  you just notice the longer top coat).  All seem
to be the adult version of what they had as pups.  All were neutered at
seven mo. before sexual maturity.  I brush frequently, and can not say
that I find any of their coat varieties to be a problem.  Ranger as a
male seems to have heavier pantaloons, and Silver with the longer guard
hair has more.  I'm not sure I would subscribe to the " altering excuse "
myself, and maybe some notice  more of a difference if neutered later?
But then this is just my experience with four siblings of slightly
different coat types.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas