Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: breeding question

The leading cause of cancer in the pyr health survey is bone cancer
and the second placed cancer
that has caused death is breast cancer.  I have lost a un-neutered
male to testicular cancer
and a bitch to cancer that started in her breasts (two were removed &
she was spayed).  The survey shows spaying and neutering does make a
difference.
Kerry

>It is true that the health survey show a longer life for
spayed/neutered dogs, so that is one of the benefits, but >when you
mentions cancer I have to say that in 20 years involvment in the breed
I have known many pyrs die >of cancer but hardly any was due to cancer
of the reproductive organs, so spay/neutering would not have >made any
difference.