Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding/rescue debate

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>I have not mentioned to any
>of the nice people who would make wonderful owners that we actually have
>a very handsome, healthy young male with a wonderful temperament and
>championship pedigree that we have decided does not fit into our
>breeding program and would live a happier life as a beloved pet.  I
>would love to find a good home for him, but I can keep him and there are
>all those rescue dogs needing homes.
This is how we came by our girls, Charlotte, and I really see the issue
you raise. Our Shelley had already had her two litters, and Ivy was
clearly not going to be part of the breeding program. Both have adapted to
house pet life as ducks to water. We could have taken "rescues," but the
joy these gorgeous girls have brought us is incredible.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose