Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20000316

Well, when they play games, they don't get the cookie. This must
be practiced when you don't have to be anywhere by a certain
time. You call them in, if they don't come, you go out to get
them. If they start playing "keep away" you turn on your heel,
walk in the house and close the door. Never saying a word. One
thing Pyrs hate more than anything else is being ignored! This
should thoroughly confuse the dog. 5 minutes later you repeat the
process. Keep doing this until the dog comes in on the come
command or at least lets you grab them. The first few times you
give them the cookie for allowing you to grab them. After that,
no cookie unless they come when called, the first time. They
catch on pretty quickly. Best to always practice when you're
dressed like you would be dressed to go out. Otherwise, they'll
do it every time you're in your hanging around clothes and pull
their little stunts when you're dressed to go out. Found this one
out the hard way! :-) Tough staying one step ahead of their very
sharp minds! LOL

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com