Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Your pyr?

>Yes rescue dogs do
> benefit from a grooming session, and might need to go out  with a clip,
> but I would hope that those who take these dogs into their homes will be
> loving them and caring for them as they are ( a heavy coated breed ), and
> not keeping them clipped because they really have no time for them.
> I.M.O.
> Cindy.

Inevitably, this time of year brings questions about shaving. The posters
want to know if this practice is wrong or harmful and the answer is an
absolute no it is not harmful or wrong for the dog as long as it is done
properly.

Our pyr club-which is in south Florida-has place several pyrs in homes where
the animals are always shaved and the dogs are just fine and well cared for.
It wouldn't occur to our club members to deny a home because the animal
would be shaved and in fact we point out the option.  One of our best fund
raisers for the club is a spring shavedown grooming day. We've done
everything from pyrs to labs. This event helps fund our s/n rebate program.

Terese