Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Dew Claw Problems - Update

I picked Megan up from the vet's office this A.M.  She came through the surgery very well. :)
Thanks so much for all of the prayers and good wishes sent her way!!  I'm sure it helped.

The vet removed the back four dewclaws.  I would NOT have had this done, had she not ripped one so badly and I was concerned about it happening again.  I felt fortunate in finding a vet who already had some experience with Great Pyrenees & wasn't offended by all of my questions regarding anesthesia.  This was the first time Megan has seen a vet since we moved up here (Alaska) nine months ago.

Megan came home with stitches and bandages and antibiotics.  I am trying to make her as comfortable as possible.  I hate to see her in pain!  We're trying to keep the bandages dry and clean by putting zip-lock bags on her back feet when she goes outside to do her business.  Looks funny, but has worked so far.  There is so much mud and melting snow here!

Please keep Megan in your prayers as she recovers.

Many thanks,

Cindy Arnold
Wasilla, Alaska