[PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Dew Claw Problems

I have a 3 year old female/spayed Pyr named Megan. I love her dearly.

 When I came home today, there was blood all over the floor of the room she had been in.  I quickly found that she had somehow pulled one of her back dew claws almost all the way off;  it was just barely attached.  We went immediately to the vet's office & rather than remove just that nail, leaving the quick exposed for now, the vet suggested removing all four of the back dew claws.  Since Megan is not shown and I didn't want this to happen again, I agreed to have all the back ones removed.  The surgery is being done right now & I am always worried about problems occurring during surgery.  Please keep Megan in your prayers.
Has anyone else experienced this & if so, how did you handle it?

Thanks for your input.

Cindy Arnold
Wasilla, Alaska