[PyrNet-L] ivermectin???

   We've recently became a 2 pyr family, already having Bella who is now 17
months, we decided to get a male. After a long search for a rescue dog to no
avail, Dawn Nixon with the GPCSE gave us a great 3 yr. old male named Jordy,
which she had just finished showing. We couldn't thank her enough. Bella is
loving life having a playmate, and I had just fenced in a little over a half
acre in my back yard, which they love to play in during the day. Now that I
have the expense of 2 pyrs, I'm considering getting off the heartguard, and
frontline systems, and switching to Biospot for fleas, and ivermectin for
heartworm preventative. I had both of these suggested to me by friends, and
was wondering if anyone could advise me on them, especially the ivermectin.
  Could anyone tell me if they've tried Biospot, and how it compares to
frontline? The cost is about 1/5 the amount of frontline.
   And has anyone had any problems using ivermectin for heartworm?
    What would the dosage be for a 130 lb. pyr?
    If anyone has used this, do you have to supplement another wormer for
worms other than heartworms?  Heartguard claims to kill all worms, while I
don't see that claim on ivermectin although it is the main active ingredient
in heartguard.
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks: Charlie