Re: [PyrNet-L] well, we got one!

<<Congratulations on being owned by your first Pyr! Watch out for the potato
chip factor! I've known people who have used clicker training with their
Pyrs and have been quite pleased with it. Chances are Tracy will jump in
here and send some links for clicker sites on the net. If not, remind me and
I'll do it when I have more time! ;-)>> Barb Bowes

Yes, congratulations!!! :-) Sorry I did not 'jump' more quickly with a
response.  I have been stewarding at the Rhodesian Ridgeback National this
weekend.  Am now home to a TON of mail! LOL!

Below are some good sites for info on clicker training.  I recommend
anything by Karen Prior.  The book "Don't Shoot the Dog", while not exactly
a dog training book, will explain a lot of the principles of training and
how to use them.  Her clicker starter kit is good and I like the video
"Clicker Magic".  The video will help to show you how it all works in
action.  Feel free to ask questions too.  Have fun! :-)

http://www.maui.net/~troydog/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/8636/Clicker.html

http://www.clickersolutions.com/positivepaws/pphome.htm

Tracy Bassett