Re: [PyrNet-L] Help with problem

Sorry to tell you this but this is something that all my pyrs do.  There seems to be no way to break it.  It is as if they are sniffing another dogs when making friends.  You'll just have to live with it.  Sande

kdbooth wrote:

Hi, I need some advice on a rather embarrassing problem.  My male pyr is really bad about sniffing us and guests (and people we meet on the street) in inappropriate places.  We've tried a very stern "no!" and now have moved on swatting him.  When he does this, he now scrunches up his eyes like he knows he's going to get swatted but it doesn't deter the behavior.  I have looked through a dozen books and searched for info on the internet about this problem but have found absolutely no literature on it.  Any advice?  He is around 3 years old and was only neutered a few months ago.  Is it hopeless?