[PyrNet-L] a fishy tale!!

Isn't it great to get a present??  In they come from work and say'I''ve got
a pressy for you". Should be some sort of clue that it's not Opium Perfume,
a carton of ciggies, a bottle of scotch, a bottle of Vintage Port, box of
choccies  when there's a couple of Pyrs hanging off the end of your pressie.
Smells good to them, going to be good to eat for him but for me in the
meantime it's a couple of deep sea Snapper!!  Fully coated , heads attached,
scales abundant.  Like just "caught".  I asked " who's going to gut, dehead
and fillet?". One of my more innocent questions but when you are married to
a sailor then it's very obvious on the scale of score allocating??
He guts, fillets,you cook??  Is there any other way??  I'm afraid there is.
You gut, you descale, you fillet and you cook.  In other words you slaughter
your own present!!
They are "big mothers", not even able to fit in the fridge sideways and what
Pyr is going to eat his boring old dinnner when the mad woman is at the
bench chopping the heads off a couple of snapper??  I tried to complain that
this wasn't "girl's work" only to be told " I've seen your eyes light up
with a cow or a pig  to be quartered" and he's not wrong!! Does anyone else
get "presents" like this?  In the middle of the scaling, gutting etc, Bernie
the Bin Man phones to apologise for not emptying my 40gallon drum last Sat.
Not to worry I tell Bernie, just empty it this weekend or she's gonna be
walking out the gate to meet you, fish accessories and all!!

Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ join here
http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans