Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA

    This is exactly what I was trying to say.

    Not trying to change the subject, but how is this guy making any money.
Apparently he doesn't put any care at all into his dogs....sort of like a
mini puppy mill right.?  These people make me sick, the poor dogs would
probably be better off put to sleep.

Chrissy
Rajah, Moses and Molli
West Union, WV
dsmith@iolinc.net

> I think this is the crux of the matter -- just how would you police all
> members?  I doubt that the GPCA or any such organisation would have staff
> enough to monitor all current members and "weed out" as it were those that
do
> not follow the guidelines.  Personally, I don't think that is possible.
> Instead, I'd rather see the members' time and effort go toward
distributing
> information concerning breed awareness, rescue, and related issue.  The
more
> information that is out there, the better it is.  It will have a positive
> effect on some of the people at least.  There are, however, those people
who
> will continue to do the breed an injustice, and it wouldn't matter one
iota
> whether they were members or not.  As an example, there is a man near
where I
> live that constantly breeds pyrs.  He had an ad in the SC Market Bulletin
> just this past week advertising pups, "again".  Members of the local
rescue
> group have been to see him, talked to him, and tried to stress the
importance
> of careful breeding and responsible ownership.  Well, all this has fallen
on
> deaf ears.  He's in it for the money, and not the benefit of the breed.
So,