Re: [PyrNet-L] GPCA bulletin

<<The Bulletin is a good publication.  I know it survives at times and
possibly always on meager financial resources.  Darrell has done a great
job.  It is a very good content publication that needs our support and
the further support of the GPCA.  When you compare the publication with
the RACP (French Club) it pales by comparison.  I speak only of the
quality of the publication not the content.  The RACP is a slick
magazine type publication that is clearly of
> top quality.>>

Thanks, Joe, and I'd love to see a copy of the RACP publication
sometime. I'll have to admit being jealous of the national breed clubs,
like the Dals and Shar-Peis, just to name two, that have the money and
resources to do big slick glossy publications.

<<I agree with Darrell that the Bulletin is the most important
> single product of the GPCA and I have advocated a long time to fund it
> better.  The quality of the publication seems to have improved since Darrell
> took over, so either he has more money or has leveraged his position with a
> local Newspaper into a "deal" for the GPCA.  In any event, thanks Darrell,
> and lets all support his good work.>>

The GPCA has increased the budget for the Bulletin enough to cover the
basic printing improvements we needed, and for that I am extremely
grateful. It would be nice to be able to afford full process color, but
when you get right down to it, content is really most important. If not,
newspapers like the New York Times and Wall Street Journal wouldn't be
able to compete with the likes of USA Today *s*.

Darrell Goolsbee
Editor, GPCA Bulletin