[PyrNet-L] Chat: New Puppy

We are both pleased and proud to announce the arrival of JASPER. He was born Nov. 17.1999. He made his grand entrance into our lives exactly sixteen days ago when he flew to Connecticut from Ohio. As soon as I saw that gentle little Pyr face peering out from his crate my life changed forever. The people at The freight terminal were very helpful and kind. He was treated better than most passengers are treated.

My wife Debbie and I were ready for our first few sleepless nights with our new puppy. IT DID NOT HAPPEN! He slept right next to our bed (in his crate) without any complaints. (VERY BIG BRAG) When he needs to go out he pats the cage a few times to awaken us. NO BARKING.

He is the most gentle little Pyr boy I have ever seen. His breeder and CO-owner (and also my friend) specially selected him for his purpose in life. He is being trained to be a therapy dog, and has already completed his first visit to the VA hospital. (another very big brag) He did very well and was an instant hit. The Catholic Chaplain was very impressed with him and the fact that the breed originates near Lourdes, in France. My own doctor kept petting him while Jasper curled up at his feet.

Both Debbie and I are just as proud and pleased as can be!

Terry and Debbie