Re: [PyrNet-L] physical activity

Wow!  Hi Sherri, I.M.O. you need to back way off on this baby.  When pups
play hard at home it is because they are controlling their own energy
outbursts, and flop down and relax more than we really think they do.
This is a big breed, with slow maturing, and the surgery not all that
long behind her.  I can't imagine having her walk that far at her age.
Even as an adult she will never be a big high energy breed like your J.
R. T.'s.  Your dealing with growing joints and muscles that will have
serious weight to  support.  Please don't burn this baby up, or break her
down.  One person on the list mentioned once not to walk them any further
than you would want to carry them back.  More to the point would be 9
mo., a year is even better before doing enforced walks.  You will get
different opinions of course, the ones who do long puppy walks are doing
it for themselves and not for the good of the dog though.  The fact that
a puppy can do it does not mean it is a good thing for them.  Please
treat her like the baby she still is!    Best of luck with her, and enjoy
her, they are so special!!  I.M.O. Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka