Re: [PyrNet-L] A Nasty Encounter

In a message dated 5/13/2000 4:32:56 PM EST, clhenke@juno.com writes:

<< Depending on the size of the dog, simply pulling tails will not always
 work. >>
This didn't work when our oldest Pyr and our border collie got into it the
last time.  David had Kes' tail and I had Maggie's.  I even tried to grab
Maggie's hind legs, in an attempt to pull her close enough to me to grab her
collar, but that didn't work.  Finally, just as we were on the limits of our
energy, I was finally able to get Maggie's collar, and successfully pull her
away.  Since then, we've be EXTRA careful not to let these two together.

Like Joe mentioned -- keep alert for any dangers and avoid.  We have taken to
carrying a large stick, or possibly pepper spray (but I don't really know how
effective that would be on the dogs, guess you use it on the idiot that's
holding the leash).

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC