Re: [pyrnet] Does size matter for being Alpha dog?

--- llamamama <llamamama@netzero.net> wrote:
> Does size of a dog determine "alpha" status?  My pup views the 12 lb
> poodle as alpha right now.  As he gets bigger is he necessarily going to
> look at the poodle as a rug rat that he can take with one paw tied
> behind his back or always have the respect he has now for his little big
> brother?  Inga

The size of the dog does not automatically determine alpha status.  I see
little terriers intimidate much bigger dogs on a consistent basis.  Little
dogs are known to have "big dog" attitudes; look at what a lot of them
were bred to do.  If you have a "soft" pup with a more submissive
personality and your poodle is more dominant, he may maintain his alpha
role despite his MUCH smaller size!  What a pair you have!!

Angela
Ohio