Re: [pyrnet] Lots of Pyrs

Dancingpyr@aol.com wrote:

> .  I'm afraid that
> the responsible breeders with the dogs that do confirm to the standard will
> breed less and less, and the BYB who only see the dogs as a way of making
> money will have more litters and degrade the standard of dog out there.

Amen to this Robyn!  We have so many BYB Pyr  breeders  in VA producing litter
after litter of really poor quality dogs with both health and temperament
problems that we have a really overwhelming rescue problem..  The fact that we
are trying so hard to find homes for all of these rescue dogs is one reason why
we have not bred some of our champion Pyrs and have not  not had a litter in 2
years.  It doesn't seem right somehow that we, who spend years working at trying
to breed correct Pyrs with good health and temperament, should be the ones to
refrain from breeding because there are so many Pyrs with problems needing
homes.  I guess there isn't any good answer to this one.
Charlotte