[pyrnet] Behaviour issue

and this is where in some cases  bonding does not work with Rescue dogs who
have been through so much and just cannot take the kindness after the
cruelty. This sort of behaviour can take quite some time to surface
especially if the dog's security feels threatened.   The day I saw the bitch
we looked after try and take a bit out of one of my daughter's face was
enough and this wasn't the first time either, she had bitten a child's hand
who tried to pat her.  There will always be dogs who have a problem possibly
caused by irresponsible owners/breeders and I am sure the majority of people
will do everything they can to ensure the wellbeing of the dog and to try
and cope with the problems facing them.  I recall a Pyr who put 24 stitches
in a child's head, he hated children and had to be locked away. Was this dog
euthanased, no he wasn't but he should have been after this savage attack
(and it wasn't the first).  The owners took great care not to have the dog
near any children and he was on medication to reduce the aggression . It's
no life for a dog to be locked away from the Family either because of young
children being around.  No one is suggesting that this poor dog be put down
but warnings need to be given when young children are involved  and Tessa
not put in the situation of being able to bite or growl at the youngsters. I
hope Katie follows the advice of vet checks for any health problems causing
pain and stress and also ensures the children are not at risk here.
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
 send a Pyr Posty http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/