[pyrnet] (curious) reply to Charlotte's question.

    Glad to see several good thoughts about how to handle unsuitable posts
which generate offensive private e-mails. We do need reminding every once in a
while that it is ok to have differing opinions as long as we remember to be
civil and that Great Pyrenees is what we are all about.  I really don't think
tha we want  to have offensive private e-mails sent to everyone on the list.
If  recipients want to forward such messages to me, I can circulate them to the
list owners and we can make decisions about warnings, suspensions etc. if we
all agree that they are warrented.
    For newcomers, this list was set up because we had the means to do so when
a previous list closed down leaving us without a Great Pyrenees list.  None of
the owners were in a position to monitor the list in the way that another Pyr
list which started at the same time is managed.  Pyrnet was simply set up as a
service for people who wanted it and so it grew and became whatever the
subscribers wished under the original rules.  Consequently, Pyrnet is pretty
informal and we really want to keep it that way if possible.  It was  started
as joint effort of the National Capital Area Great Pyrenees Club and the Penn
Dutch Great Pyrenees Club almost two years ago.