[pyrnet] trouble between dogs(long)

seems as though you are doing your absolute best to keep on top of the
situation Tammy and some dogs do get a bit more grumpy and less tolerant as
they get older.  I sometimes wonder if the young ones sense this "growing
old" and think it time to make their move. No doubt when Bonnie was younger
she would have backed off from a situation but now she's a bit more mature
she's decided to have a go back. Didn't think for one second you would
listen to any suggestion of harsh treatment!!  Must admit I can  see myself
and Sadie both "glaring" at loud music but not so good if visitors feel
threatened though. If you are unable to keep them separated you are going to
have to keep up with the consistent training with Sadie but conisdering her
behaviour with your old dog obviously Sadie has always considered herself in
charge of the dog situation. How do your friends feel when visiting to be
confronted by a dog posturing and maybe growling at them?  Can they tell
Sadie to "cut it out NOW?" and see what effect that has? Haven't had any
dealings with dog behaviourists  but maybe someone else has?  Pyrs are not
that great at backing down from a situation where they feel threatened so
would pay to keep being on guard for when Bonnie is just not going to back
down if she feels threatened.  A muzzle will stop injury and could act as a
deterrent for Sadie but if she's not happy with a situation then you'll know
about it!!  I think keeping them separated in the meantime for safety's sake
and ensuring Sadie if she can't tolerate visitors maybe stay's outside while
they are there could be your best bet until someone can come up with more
ideas.  Be interested to read more answers to Tammy's post.
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/
 send a Pyr Posty http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/cards.html
 join here http://www.egroups.com/group/CaninePostcardCollectors
or visit here http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/