Re: [pyrnet] RE:Eating Habits

Kim, I think it is perfectly normal.  In the first place most of the big
breeds do not ever really eat as much as people think they should for
their size.  When we had Mastiffs they were the worlds worse for eating,
I had to hand feed to keep them up to weight for the show ring.  Giant
pain!!

My Pyrs. are much better eaters, but they sure don't eat a lot, and still
will have times that they go without eating.

I won't play with their food.  They get the same basic diet.  I may have
a little bacon grease for a treat poured over, or some especially good
table scraps ( like Pizza crusts ) that I will toss in.  Other than that,
they eat or they don't.

I know it is easy to worry about them, but don't.  If the Vet. says she
is ok, don't fret.  Sooner or later she will get an appetite jump.
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas