Re: [pyrnet] RE:Eating Habits

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 10:47 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] RE:Eating Habits

Hi all.  I'm a new Pyr owner with a question.  Igot my first Pyr 2 months ago.  Osa is 41/2months old and we can't seem to get her excited about of all things, EATING.  Has anyone ever heard of a dog that doesn't like to eat?  The vet said she is thin but not too thin yet.  I have tried all I can think of to get her to eat more.  I know the summer weather isn't helping much either.  We live in Connecticut so it's not that hot.  Can anyone help me out?  I know a lot of you have a lot of experience with these big babies.

Thanks for any help
Kim & Osa

Hi Kim! I don't know if this will help or not. When we get a rescue in that we want to put weight on we try adding some warmed chicken or beef broth to their kibble. This often seems to "jump start" their appetites. If  Osa gets to the point where she needs to gain weight if you e mail me privately I can give you my recipe for fatten em up qiuck meatloaf. Please let us know how she does?
Marie and Beau