Re: [pyrnet] Re: Grooming at home

Bonnie (Pyr) likes getting in the tub.  Once she gets in there, she acts
like she enjoys her baths, especially once I start rubbing her belly.  I got
one of the shower adapters (looks like a cheap WaterPik) and this works
great for bathing them (low pressure and can be turned off with a button
while they're being soaped).  I have two full bathrooms downstairs; one is
mine and one is for the doggies.  Does anyone know why Bonnie would like to
hop in the dry tub and dig at the sides of the tub (sort of like they do in
the yard, the bed covers, or in my chair when she can get away with it)?
She'll stand in there for 10-15 minutes, trying to dig out the side of the
tub.  So far it's holding up, although I've also seen her in there growling
and digging at the drain when water was running in the house and she could
hear it down the drain  hole in the tub.  She's persistent once she gets
started.  I've gone in and started the water running, thinking she really
was trying to tell me to give her a bath, but she quickly gets out unless
she knows I'm serious about bathtime.

BTW - I haven't written to thank everyone for their suggestions on handling
Bonnie (Pyr) and Sadie (older Rottweiler mix).  I was overwhelmed with the
ideas.  I have bought a gate so I can separate them, but have not made it
permanent yet.  Since I wrote and asked for your advice things have been
going very well.  Everyone went in for their check ups and the vet didn't
find anything unusual.  My household guests that I had for 4-5 days are gone
and Bonnie and Sadie are getting along well again.  Sadie will even play for
a few minutes with Bonnie before she gives that look that says "I'm older
than you, I've had enough".  No altercations when another dog comes down the
street, nothing.  I think for now I'll mainly focus on keeping them apart
when there is anybody else in the house.  Also, Sadie has started taking
walks with Bonnie and I and I'm hoping the exercise will help her mood. Of
course I'm not sure I'm going to survive the walks, but we'll see.
Thanks again,
Tammy :)
tmseller@gateway.net