Re: [pyrnet] Re: Boarding puppers (sick pyr)

Just back from the vet with Daisy.  Her sample was positive for whip worms!!
This, at least, explains the intermittent diarrhea.  As for the raging case
of it this week (and the vomiting), the vet suspects she has an imbalance in
the good/bad bacteria ratio in her digestive track.  He said this can easily
be brought on by stress.  Daisy weighed two pounds less today than she did
yesterday!  She got some fluids under the skin and seems perkier already.  I
never suspected she would have worms as I've never seen anything suspicious
in her stools and she's on the chubby side.  She's not normally listless and
she doesn't have pale gums.

So here's the run down on my Daisy since yesterday:

at yesterday's appointment, she weighed in at 122 lbs.
she was given an antihistamine prescription for her itchy skin that can be
refilled continuously
she was given two different prescriptions for anti-biotics for a staph
infection due to biting/scratching

today she weighed in just at 120 lbs.
she's got a prescription for de-worming
she's got yet another anti-biotic to clear up her diarrhea  (she'll start
her first two next Sunday)

My kitchen counter looks like a pharmacy!!  I've got five prescriptions for
Badger, five for Daisy, and one I take regularly for arthritis.  In
addition, there's a supply of cotton balls, gauze pads, and an
industrial-sized bottle of hydrogen peroxide for de-gunking Badger's ears.

I'll bet it sounds like I don't take very good care of my dogs, with all
their problems!  But I do!!  My kids are jealous of the care and attention
they get!  I hope my poor sick pooches don't reflect badly on me!

Kim