[pyrnet] update on aggression and a simple change

Hi all,
As always, I've learned so much from this list and greatly appreciate your input on all topics.  Thought I send a quick update on the aggression problem I'd been having between Sadie (9yr old Rott mix) and Bonnie (15 mo old Pyr).  First, notice I used the past tense.  Hopefully these two have finally begun to work out their differences.  They are now actually playing together.  Bonnie still starts it, but Sadie will join in, actually chasing Bonnie and letting Bonnie mouth and place her head over Sadie's back.  What a joy for me to see!  They also can be found lying next to each other, sometimes nose to nose.  Sadie started to growl once last week at Gooser (Old Keeshond) and when I went to investigate, Bonnie came with me.  Bonnie started to get into it, but I was able to stop her.  Then Sadie was muzzled for about an hour and she has been really sweet since (guess she might need some intermittent reinforcement).

I've made one change in their routine that has seemed to make a big difference.  I didn't realize how particular Sadie is about other food bowls in the kitchen.  I'd always placed Bonnie's bowl in there also, but in a different location from Sadie's.  Recently I've moved Bonnie's into the living room, just across the doorway and next to a chair she likes to sleep behind.  Boy has this made a difference in her eating!  She is now eating almost 6 cups a day, where before she wouldn't seem to be interested in eating more than about 2-3 cups a day.  Bonnie has also quit eating so much of Gooser's food.  I moved Bonnie's food bowl one night when Sadie was being extra grumpy and things have been amazingly different since.

Just thought I'd pass along this bit of information and let all those who were so kind with their suggestions know things seem to be working out well for everyone.  Thanks again for your input.

Tammy :)