Re: [pyrnet] Breeding?

Dancingpyr@aol.com writes:

<< Not asking this to say we should all go out and start cross breeding, just
 curious to find out some background on this philosophy. >>

There has been plenty of cross bred Pyrs over the centuries and decades.  I
suspect that most have not been very successful and the original was always
better.  We are told that other breeds have used the Pyr in reconstituting
their breed such as Saints and Pyrenean Mastiff's.  Others as well.  None of
these folks will do anything that was not tried couple centuries at least
ago.  Just add more dogs to the population.

Joe