Re: [pyrnet] Breeding?

In a message dated 08/09/2000 10:26:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
okduh@juno.com writes:

<<
 Thank you for your help in this area. I had only intended to bring home a
 companion for my male. Not to start breeding.
 Like I said, I am too new to this to just think I could just up and start
 breeding without having any idea of what I was doing. Heck my Libby was a
 rescue from a previous owner and we are just working on her personality
 as it is, then this happened. Her previous owner kept her on a chain for
 5 years. Not easy to work on keeping her in the yard when we aren't even
 fenced yet. We have a nice place out in the country and figured we could
 give her a new and better home. Heck she is real unsure of men also. So,
 her having puppies was definitely not intended, but abortion was not an
 option. Now, if you don't mind me asking another question. I could call a
 vet, but hopefully you will answer for me. How soon after babies can I
 have her spayed. When pups are weaned? Thank you all again and I
 apologize if I responded badly before, I just thought ya'll could help me
 is all.

 Jodi

    unsubscribe pyrnet-l

    If you felt offended, I think you have every right to be. I read nothing
to in your question to lead me to believe you were on the verge of becoming a
notorious "back yard breeder".   When I was originally looking for a pyr, I
ran across a couple of these in my area, poor quality dogs with poor quality
life's being kept around solely for the owners financial gain. I decided
against purchasing their pups. I don't however assume that everyone who is
not a long term breeder falls into this stereotype.
I'm glad you were able to get an answer to your question, as I would not have
been able to answer it. I'm sorry for what you had to go through to get it.
I've learned a lot off the list in the year and a half I've subscribed to it.
Keep asking questions.
      Charlie