Re: [pyrnet] Staph Infections - Immune System

Stephanie, Have you had Paddy's thyroid checked? Interesting case
that you present. My Vet had a dog there last week that has a
very similar problem. Scrapings, etc. have come back as Staph
infection. She tried 2 of the 3 antibiotics that this is not
resistant to, with no luck. She had just started the 3rd
antibiotic the day I was there. The dog is in isolation, as even
though this presents itself as staph, and the tests show it is
Staph, it is not reacting to the treatment as Staph. This
particular dog is only 1 1/2 years old and is some sort of small
dog. The poor little thing had sores on both flanks. I'll ask her
on Wednesday how it responded and to which antibiotic. She's
trying to talk the owners out of euthanizing the dog, as she
wants to give this antibiotic time to work.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com