Re: [pyrnet] Re:dog fight

Glad to have been of some assistance Ann Marie.  A Dog Ranger is a paid
member of the local councils here and their job is to impound stray dogs, to
make people aware of their dog owning responsibilities, to ensure dogs are
on fenced properties and other forms of dog control.  So, I like to make the
one here earn her keep and I think I am helping her with her job. She may
think otherwise but my annual dog registrations go toward her wages and I
want to be able to walk my dogs free from unleashed dogs and also not to
step in piles of dog pooh either!!  I have helped the Dog Ranger catch stray
dogs, deal with nuisance dogs and a few other things too!!

Not sure if I can help with your concerns on how to break up a fight  when
you are out with Ki but am sure someone else on the List may have experience
of this.  I carry an extra choker in my pocket and a big stone. Sometimes I
have trouble standing upright with the extra weight.  I also find hollering
at the top of my voice " Control your bleeping dog" to be handy if the owner
is near by.  I think the surprise factor for the owner is the little lady
using such language.

Would Ki be the one to start a fight if another dog (loose) confronted him
or would he back down?  Knowing what your own dog is capable of is very
important. It is against the law here for a dog not to be confined on it's
own property and I for one would like to see the owners fined, hit them
where it hurts, in the pocket.

Jan

---