Re: [pyrnet] new behavior problem

Jan,

Yes, I think some of it is punishing me for lack of attention.  She normally sleeps with me when I'm in bed.  The rest of the week I sleep either in my big chair or on the couch (don't like sleeping alone in bed) and she is generally right there with me, on my ottoman at the end of my chair.  My bedroom is the coolest room in the house and she spends a lot of time back there during the day.  Bonnie loves to get on the bed and play with me when I come in.  It's one of her favorite play spots, as well as sleeping spots. So she ends up spending a lot of time in the bedroom.

If I start crate training, any suggestions on what kind of crate and how to do it so she is comfortable?  Do I need to get a regular wire crate, or could I get a travel crate large enough for her to get in comfortably?  How big a crate do I need to get?  I know they go by weight in the stores.  How do I introduce her to the crate? Sorry for all the questions, but knew I'd get some responses and could listen to your ideas.

I haven't been giving as many bones and treats, simply because of cost and Sadie (my 9 yre old Rott mix) was getting round from all the bones. They were getting a lot of bones and starting to cost me a fortune.  Guess that is cheaper than buying a new mattress, at least in the short run!  However, I did go out today and restock my supply of bones!  Teach me to spoil them and then take it away. Hah!

Thanks again,
Tammy :)