Re: [pyrnet] Re:dog fight

Ann Marie, somehow I missed your original message, but I've encountered
some of the same problems you seem to have had with unleashed dogs when
I'm out with mine. On the odd occasion when our pyrs have fussed at each
other (just once, I think, when we'd first brought a new one home), we
grabbed a tail apiece and that was most effective. They were so startled,
I think, that they just quit. I'm not sure I'd try it with an aggressive
dog I didn't know, and it's probably not possible if you have your own dog
on leash and another comes up and starts something. I *would* call your
local animal control officer (the equivalent of Jan's ranger) and report
off-leash dogs in your area, as long as you live somewhere where there are
leash laws. Sometimes just talking to the owner can resolve things, but if
they're just letting their dog(s) roam free, that's probably not going to
help. Good luck!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose