Re: [pyrnet] Choke collar or Prong collar???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ghost Rider" <kaiser4@gulftel.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 10:24 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] Choke collar or Prong collar???

> Good morning to all.  I was wondering if I might be able to get some input
> on ya'lls ideas, opinions and what not on choke collars vs. prong collars.
>
> Which do you believe works better> Thanks for the input.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bridget

Hi Bridget. I use a prong collar when I walk Beau outside our fence or in
public. He outweighs me and I need that little "extra" bit of pressure as an
equalizer. The prong collar was recommended to me by the lady who ran the
obedience classes that I put Beau through. It only took a few corrections
with the collar to make him stop trying to drag me. Now he walks beautifully
on leash with or without the prong collar. But I still use it in public just
in case. I also found that regular choke collar tended to saw the hair off
Beau's neck in a big circle. He looked really funky for awhile there. LOL!
Marie and Beau