Re: [pyrnet] New

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome for Sophie and I. We live on a
ridge in Wisconsin--Sophe's Mom and Dad are working sheep guards not too
far from here. An unusual story about Sophie's older brother Shy. When
the litter was born --he weened and was not a particularly friendly
dog--not agressive but really didn't like to be petted. So off he went
into the nearest sheep area and there he stayed eating  their food and
thinking he was a sheep. Eventually Mark [the owner] had to show Shy his
own food and keep the sheep out of it---they thought they had a new
member of the flock. To this day Shy rarely comes out of whatever field
the sheep are in, but has now occasionally allowed the little girls
there to pet him. I understand this is not a desirable trait but for
Mark and his wife it has worked out. Sophie shows no sign of being
shy--she too is a night woofer but when I bring her in and she goes into
her kennel [ bed, till she outgrows it or quits chewing up things ] she
usually is quiet. Unless the coyotes are feeding their young, and
howling, then we are in for a song or two. I have one question [right
now ]---how do I get her to come when she is called? We've tried treats
each time, my youngest son Kaade has chased her which she makes into a
great game either around the lilac bush or the pine tree, and yes I can
see her smiling while doing this. Eventually she will come [2 hours
later ] in her own sweet time.                I'm sorry--I seem to
always write novels--I'll try to be more brief. I'll also say a little
prayer for rain Cindy. I think I got into a really great group.
Bonnie

BE HAPPY!!!!!