Re: [pyrnet] New subscriber

In a message dated 09/04/2000 12:50:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
closetothesky@webtv.net writes:

<<  I couldn't just see this
 family walking away--some of us don't have tons of money at our disposal
 and to just let it go is not in my nature nor do I have the funds to go
 out and buy another dog and maybe they don't either. Passion about what
 you believe in is one thing but all of us don't have the money to back
 it up.  >>

Bonnie, I don't have tons of money to throw away either, IMHO, I just believe
that it is better to cut your losses early. Saving a couple hundred bucks
when you buy a puppy of doubtful ancestry can mean thousands of dollars in
vet bills in the future. If money is an issue, rescue is always an
alternative.

I do agree with your assessment that some EMAIL responses do come off as
brusque. Sometimes it is better to distill the message from the delivery.
Also keep in mind that EMAIL is a real-time delivery vehicle and you have no
intonation or body-language to soften a message. If you stick around for a
while, you will see that the list members truly have the best intentions for
the breed and it is this commonality that keeps the list together.

Elaine and Pico