Re: [pyrnet] brushing

Hi Charlie

I use a steel toothed comb a lot, more so than brushes to get right through
the coat to the skin. It may take longer but the coats sit nicely.  Yes you
must prebrush/comb/rake your Pyr before a bath, if you don't then any loose
hair will cause matting especially if you use one of the big dog dryer's.

The coat on the Afghan is completely different to the Pyr. It is long,
flowing and silky so they have a different way of preparing the coat.
I have a variety of brushes, softer ones for a quick flick, slickers for
heavier areas of coat, rakes for coats dropping and the combs for getting
right to the skin.  If the coat looks like "blowing" then take it out
quickly.  Less scratching and skin problems.

Jan

---
please don't send us any!! Update your virus info please!!!