[pyrnet] Collars

Hi Folks!

I'm wondering whether most of you leave collars on your
dogs all the time.  I know that opinion varies on
the "safety" of this... on the golden list, some swear
the risks of caught jaws while playing and such are too
great, but this has never been a problem for us... I
feel too strongly that the risk of their becoming lost
is greater, so I want that ID on them.  But with
Gulliver, I just don't know.  He has a rolled leather
collar, but I noticed that it has left a ring of shorter
coat around his neck.  He looks like he has a beard on
his upper neck, then the bib below.  So I don't have the
collar on him now.  He is microchipped.  What do you
think, and what types of collars do you use, and when do
the dogs wear them?  My goldens wear their collars 24/7,
as do two of the cockers.  Porsche (12 y.o. cocker) had
a tumor on her neck, so didn't wear a collar for a long
time, and is now recovering from surgery to remove that
lump, but she'll have hers back on in a week or two.

Lori Whitwam

--
Ripley's Retrieve-It-Or-Not
http://www.geocities.com/~goldendog