Re: [pyrnet] Collars

Lisa, boy do I agree with you on this.  One day we found a little, very
scared, Doxie on our place.  Needless to say, the Pyrs. are just not
overjoyed to have strange dogs show up on their land.  All this little
girl had on was a Rabies tag, from our local Vet.  I thought...great..at
least we have something to go on.  I got the gal in the Vets. office and
was promptly told that the computers were off, and they were all leaving.
 Try back on Monday?  I told her I was not in a position to hold this dog
over the weekend, since we already have 6 of our own, and couldn't they
just look it up in the book??  She was not at all happy, and let me know
it!  The Vet. finally got on, and I explained to him, amidst a lot of
background grumbling.  Finally he did locate the owner's phone number and
address , which was around the corner and down the road a bit.  When I
called, they had just gotten home, and hadn't even realized the dog was
missing.  With a collar and tags I worry that they might come off, or
someone might take them off, but it never occurred to me that you would
have a problem getting the information if you had some type of tag.
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas