Re: [pyrnet] Another rescue?

Pam, yes, Ennis is south of Dallas on 45 about 25  miles.  I have used
S.N.A.P for all of my animals ( or Fund For Animals, when it was called
that ), so I am very familiar.  In fact we are easily recognized, still,
by them because we brought all four of our Pyr. kids in for spay/ neuter
the same day ( plus a cat that day too ).  They jokingly refer to it as
"Pyr. Day"!

Yesterday we had our low cost vaccination  Clinic in town, and we took
our nine in for Rabies vaccinations.  We give the 7-in-ones ourselves.  I
had commented to my husband, " Great, this guy couldn't have handed him
over to us yesterday? ".

The reason we took him in was the guy was just going to take him out,
somewhere else and dump him off.  What choice did we have, just one
problem after another for the poor gangly kid.  He is so happy and sweet
natured.  Sure doesn't deserve all this.

Don't worry, we will get him neutered, I won't turn him over to someone
else to reproduce.  And I know you are swamped, but just keep me in mind
if anyone either reports a missing Pyr. out of the Waxahachie to Red Oak
area, or wants a dog out of this area.  He is sweet and gentle, and once
he gets back in shape he will be a handsome ( although not necessarily
show quality ) fellow.  And I expect him to be a really big boy.  He does
have his double-dews.

I know you not in our area, and Houston has more humidity, but has there
been any reports as to the mosquito/heartworm situation in this area?  I
can muster the neuter money, but if he has heartworms I'm in deep
trouble.  We lucked out with the last stray
" Shadow" that we took in, she was negative and I could get her right on
heartworm preventative.  With the 100 plus temps here, we have not
actually seen much in the way of "skeets", but there is no telling how
this poor dog has lived, before this guy?  Thanks for any advice or help
Pam.  Just don't forget that I am sitting here with one more Pyr.  :-)
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas