Re: [pyrnet] getting weight on Leo

<<Can anyone suggest ways to fatten him up a bit? He is just not a very
enthusiastic eater.>>Katie

Having recently been there again I can tell you.  The answer is Time ;-).

Don't try to rush to fatten him up, he is still growing and staying a little
lean at this point is a good thing.  Going through that first big coat blow
does make it look all the worse.  Milou looked more like a Borzoi than a Pyr
at that age LOL!  But if you stick to keeping him lean but covered over the
ribs (you should be able to feel them under a light cover - a bit like
running your hand over the back of your knuckles with your palm open) you
will find he fills out in good time.  Milou, now almost two, is maturing
nicely and is filling out in al the right places.  I am betting the same
thing will happen to Leo as he gets older too.

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au
visit my webpage at http://members.dynamite.com.au/espinay/index.htm