Re: [pyrnet] Barking

If the problem is extreme enough for you to consider de-barking, have you
tried the anti-bark collars. There are those that emit a high pitched sound,
shock, or spray. I live in a suburban area with one of my neighbors right
next to me. Both of my pyrs stay inside, and their barking never bothered me,
but when I received a complaint from my neighbor, I first tried the sound
collar which is sound activated, and runs around $30. This did not work so I
purchased 2 anti-barking shock collars ($60 each), which are motion
activated, and have 7 levels of shock settings. These worked great, I used
them only at night, and after a few weeks was able to stop using them.  It's
been almost a year, and I've only had to take them out a few times in the
past 8 months, and not at all for at least 2 months. In using them it is
important to part the thick hair under the neck, to make sure the collar is
as near to the skin as possible or they won't work. The collars also have the
feature that they only go off after 3 seconds of barking, so one bark will
not shock them, but several close together will.  Some on the list have
voiced their opinion against these when the issue was first brought up
several months ago, but for my situation, I've found them an ideal solution.
You may want to consider looking into these.  FYI: Charlie

 He is an inside dog, and will bark at anything! You name it he barks at
 it.lol He goes outside during the day,but mostly an inside dog. People have
 suggested I get him de-barked but I dont know.