Re: [pyrnet] Overall genetic changes in dwarfs

In a message dated 9/25/00 1:10:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pyrsrgr8@yahoo.com writes:

<< If it is true that dwarfs occur from changes at a single recessive
 locus, theen there is no reason whatsoever to think that there are
 other genetic changes in dwarfs.  Perhaps the gene is involved in other
 processes during development and that would be why we see some
 proportion of dwarfs haing hearing impairment, but I don't think you
 should assume that dwarfs have a genome littered with genetic
 alterations beyond what all living animals have.

 Patric. >>

That being the case, how do we explain the dogs with the gnarled joints and
legs sometimes seen?  I honestly do not think I am assuming this, I am only
reacting to reports I have observed in Pyrs and other dogs.  That's why I
asked the earlier question about some mechanism that other genetic
abnormalities could be linked with the simple recessive one.  I do not know,
but in my quest for knowledge would like to know.

You asked the earlier question about fertility.  Do you know of any
diminished fertility capabilities..

Joe