[pyrnet] Tearing the house apart

Bonnie,
Talk about tearing the house apart!  Overnight Sunday night, the pyrs
totally destroyed the TV remote control.  I was in a panic until I located
the batteries.  It was a relief to be sure that they had not chewed them or
swallowed them.

I started reassembling the parts that I could find, not with any idea that I
could repair it, but just do identify how much if any plastic and circuit
board was swallowed.  I was able to find and piece 90 percent or more of it
together.  So I felt an emergency vet trip was not in order.  Twelve hours
later one dog coughed up about 9 percent more.  Another throw up later
produced the remaining 1 percent.  At least I hope so.  My vet has rules of
thumb for what size plastic "should pass through."  I pray for no sharp
edges.

Do these dogs really need to be crated all the time for their entire life?
Do they never outgrow this curiosity and destruction?

Sandy, Jeep and Jake
Texas Gulf Coast