Re: [pyrnet] Fear of Dogs, etc. (very long)

Barb, I'm getting all teary just reading your story. At the very least,
I'll bet that young woman will never forget that experience, or Chelsea's
beautiful eyes. Ivy Rose is too shy for us to "use" her that way, but I
can't count the times we've encountered people when we we've been out
walking who've been afraid of dogs yet who end up with their hands and
sometimes faces buried in Shelley's or Paddington's fur. They've also come
through with other dogs who are fearful--a young rescue greyhound and a
chihuahua within the past couple of weeks. Somehow these dogs communicate
a calmness that allows both humans and other dogs to feel safe. I think
I've told this on the list before, but when Paddington was in puppy
kindergarten (4 months old), his best buddy was a 1 1/2 # Maltese puppy.
Chloe was very fearful, and soon discovered that when something was scary,
her safest place was between Paddington's front paws. Unfortunately none
of us ever got a picture of them, but it was both funny and very touching.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose