[pyrnet] Need alternative to aspirin and Rimadyl

Any dog that needs pain control should probably be seen by a
vet.  Buffered aspirin given with food is reasonably safe, but we were
told to limit it to 1 tablet twice a day.

Our holistic vet has said that in his experience dogs on aspirin regularly
become refractive for it (it stops being effective) and unfortunately that
has been our experience.

We have just tried a 13 day course of Rimadyl for severe arthritis and it
pushed our girl's liver function numbers way up.  The expectation is that
they will come back down, but we are back on Bufferin and exploring a
variety of herbal supplements for pain and inflammation control (we have
had to use Adequan for the joint lubrication since our girl can't tolerate
oral supplements).

Any ideas for herbal or prescription pain and inflammation control would
be most appreciated.

David

 David Kintsfather, Ph.D.       | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Prof. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | E-MAIL:      kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     | "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |              Francis David