Re: [pyrnet] First Aid!!

Am not sure if I should be showing some concerns but the "wearer of the
Shorts" (not quite yet still into Spring) has just come home full of
knowledge from his 1st day on a First Aid Course!!  He now knows how to do
"CPR" on Adults, "CPR" on babies, how to dress a wound and many other useful
things.  Tomorrow (2nd day of course) has me a bit more concerned, it's
titled "Amputations".

Tomorrow he will learn how to stem the flow of blood  from  a leg (limb)
which has been amputated in an accident while waiting for the Medics.  He
"tried" to show me tonight where he would put pressure on to stem the flow
of blood if it was a leg.  Well excuse me but no one touches me there and
expects to survive!!!

He get's a cerificate tomorrow to say he is able to give this sort of
assistance .  Where was he and the rest of the crew today when one of the
Pilot Staff jumped up  too close to a Fishing Boat with a mooring line and
ended up getting his leg squashed (broken) today??  Too busy learning how to
splint broken legs on dummies!!

I am living in fear that these new talents may be needed one day and turned
down the offer of "being practised on" tonight.  I have told him he can
practise his bandaging, CPR etc on the Pyrs, they'll love it.

Jan

---
please don't send us any!! Update your virus info please!!!